2017 Change of Focus
I have recently made the difficult decision to stop accepting website projects so that I can focus more on Linux server and embedded development.
Reasons for my decision:
- Reflects my current workload: Over the last 2-3 years, I have spent more time working on Linux/ Python projects than I have on MODX or other web projects.
- Increases my availability: I have been turning down new projects for a while now. By narrowing my focus and reducing my workload, I will be more available to the clients who need me the most.
- Improves my skills: There is not much left for me to learn about MODX development, but Linux development is a very broad and challenging field that gives me room to grow.
- An opportunity: I have a mentor who is an expert in embedded and automation development, and I want to make the most of the opportunity of working with and learning from him.
I will continue to provide the following web development services:
- Emergency MODX/ e-commerce support (at a higher rate)
- Basic web hosting - for existing clients only
- Answering questions and describing your website structure to a replacement web developer (no charge)
- Web development in connection with a Linux or Python project
Grey Sky Media as recommended MODX developer
Grey Sky Media is a web development firm based just outside Sacramento. They are at least as skilled with MODX as I am and are a great choice if you are looking for a replacement MODX specialist.
Other replacement web developers
- Michael Snow from Snow Creative (in Boston) is a graphic designer and MODX professional with very reasonable rates.
- You can check out the MODX Professionals directory for a list of web developers around the world specializing in MODX.
- If you cannot afford a specialist, just find anyone who can hand-code HTML and CSS (and preferably PHP, for advanced customizations) and give them my contact information. I will provide them with links to MODX documentation and tutorials that they can read to understand the structure of your website.